The automotive industry in India is booming and now all the major players have a catalog of impressive offerings that they have presented in India. As the new segments are being introduced and old brands being revived, it is surely an exciting time to be a car buyer in India. Read on to know our pick of the best car under 5 lakhs in India.
Dawn of the SUV’s and Hatchbacks
2019 has been the year of SUV’s in India as the proof of concept was set by Hyundai Creta, Maruti Suzuki Breeza and Renault Duster and have been steadily diluting into the sub 5 Lakh segment of cars in India.
SUV’s are not going anywhere and now the best way to experience your favorite SUV is to rent it through the easy car rentals such as Drivezy and experience the car first hand. Finally, the need to settle the case of the best cars below 5 lakhs is upon us, so fasten your seat belts, let go!
Your first car finally sorted
The sub 5 Lakh segment of cars have really found a strong foot in 2019, with the leading manufacturers releasing new cars with amazing features that have even been taken from the higher-priced siblings. This, in turn, gives you a whole bunch of options to choose from as a car buyer.
The main audiences of the sub 5 lakh segment are the new car buyers, who will be splashing their hard-earned money to purchase their first car. So understanding the best insurance coverage for your car would be as much important as owning it, get the best car insurance policy here at Vishumoney. This is an important decision and we have listed down the best cars below 5 lakhs that you can purchase in 2019.
Check out our Best cars under 5 lakhs complete list:
1. Tata Tiago: Tata Tiago marks Tata’s arrival into the mid-size segment as it perfectly fits into a car under 5 lakh rupees. The Tiago is an all-new car resembling nothing that the Tata has ever made before as it’s designed from the ground up and possesses a nice and sporty stance. The cabin of Tiago is well designed and offers a spacious feel, and the dual-tone dashboard looks really smart. Rear passengers enjoy a good deal of space and the seats are well cushioned too.
Coming to the internals the Tata Tiago makes use of new 3 cylinder petrol and diesel engines. The 1.2-liter petrol and the 1.05-liter diesel engines provide ample power and performance in all city conditions. With the models priced well below 5 lakhs, the Tata Tiago shows that they have clearly put their heart and soul into the car getting Tata Motors back into the race.
2. Maruti Suzuki Ignis: The Ignis is a hatchback like no other, Funky fresh and young. Clearly, Maruti Suzuki wants the next-gen buyers to strongly consider the most affordable car sold through the Nexa network. Available in Diesel and now sold in Petrol with Automatic (AMT) as well, the Ignis makes a compelling choice. The Ignis shines with its 1.2-liter engine that is peppy and with good efficiency even though the diesel and AMT hold back on performance for calmer riding experience. The top-end Maruti Suzuki Ignis is even equipped with a 7-inch touch screen and led headlights, with personalized decals. Priced just below 5 Lakhs it is an excellent choice for a first car. Instead of a short test ride, rent a Maruti Suzuki Ignis and experience its performance only from Drivezy.
3. Maruti Suzuki Swift Petrol: The swift is the second most successful hatchback in India is back with an overhaul for its 3rd Gen installment. The swift and its signature is the floating roof with headlights extending to the sides cannot be mistaken. The new 3rd gen Swift is a sporty looking car with all black finished interiors, a 7.0-inch smart play system equipped by Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. It is also equipped with LED projector headlamps and daytime running lamps, keyless entry, read camera, voice command, etc. with cushy seats and a well-spaced out cabin.
The diesel engines are brought on from the previous generations which are the 1.2-liters and 1.3-litre Multijet diesel options. The new generation of Swift feels punchier, faster and safer to drive around and is a certain step up compared to the previous iterations of the car. The strong mid-range also ensures that the car is ready for several conditions and terrains and will pull through almost anything. Now get your buying experience sorted with the exclusive car loan offers from major banks only at Vishumoney.
4. Maruti Suzuki Wagon R: Maruti Suzuki has revived the old legend with the new and improved Wagon R. Having an excellent fan following it is one of the most preferred and loved family cars in India due to their reliability, features, comfort, and mileage. The more muscular and sporty stance of the Wagon R is sure to attract new generation families also. It also comes with projector headlamps with wider lamps. The offering is class-leading in many ways and the interiors are well done.
Maruti has refreshed not only the look but also the engine, with 2 different variants – 1-liter petrol and a 1.2-liter engine option. The car is affordable and is available below 5 lakhs thus making it into our list of the 10 Best cars under 5 lakhs in India. Additionally, Maruti offers excellent after-sales services with all their cars. Choose the best vehicle insurance with the lowest premium here at Vishumoney for your Maruti Suzuki Wagon R.
5. Renault KWID: Its Renault’s take on the budget hatchback and quite a standout one at that. As we spoke above, the Renault Kwid is essentially a mini SUV, with similar sizes, dimensions, and toughness. Renault Kwid proves to be a looker, given from the competition of cars under 5 lakhs Kwid certainly stands out. As India is converting into an SUV market, Renault Kwid gets all points for its SUV like looks. The interior design is also impressive like the dashboard, central console and the quirky three-spoke steering wheels that all add to the looks.
Renault provides the car under a tight budget and the 799cc engines give back an impressive mileage of around 25.12 Kmpl making it the most fuel-efficient petrol car in the country. After the initial grumble, the car smoothens out to give you amazing pep and gain. With a linear accelerating engine any sudden acceleration will not get you going smooth. The performance is certainly adequate for an 800cc engine, and overall the car is a good package. Get to experience the Renault Kwid first hand by renting it at amazing discounts from Zoomcar.
6. Mahindra KUV100 NXT: Mahindra KUV100 NXT is Mahindra’s smallest SUV, and the second generation of the popular KUV100 released two years ago. The facelifted KUV comes with many new features and facilities that are also found on the bigger SUV of Mahindra. There are significant changes to the cabin, now equipped with a 7-inch touch screen infotainment system, but does miss out on Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. There’s a premium finish to the cabin with fabric upholstery, easily complementing the design.
Safety-wise the Mahindra scores big with ABS as standard and dual airbags offered on the K2 model and above. The mechanically unchanged engine is 1.2-liter petrol engine and the 1.2-liter diesel. With reduced noise and vibrations, the Mini SUV impresses with the suspension department soaking up the bumps rather easily. Still, the KUV100 NXT offers a very good value for money for the Indian buyer thus making it at 5th in our 10 Best cars under 5 lakhs in India.
Choose the most convenient Car loans at the lowest interest here at Vishumoney.com, and take home your dream car today.
7. Maruti Suzuki Celerio X: Celerio X is the rugged version of the already popular Celerio. One of the standout points of the Celerio X is the color themes both interior and out and the restyled bumpers. This brings about a sporty vibe to the car, making it one of the sportier cars of Maruti Suzuki. The car is powered by a zippy 68Hp, 1.0-liter petrol engine which also offers an AMT version. The AMT is easy to use with ample performance and is a good option for clutch-free travel.
The Celerio X is equipped with many facilities such as Bluetooth enabled audio system, but the touch screen feature is missing. So, for your first car, Celerio X petrol and AMT are the sensible options to purchase. Don’t have a short test drive, just rent a Celerio X at an amazing discount from Zoomcar.
8. Hyundai i10: Hyundai i10 is one of those cars that does everything very well and the latest generation has helped make it a more wholesome package. The engine options vary from Petrol, Petrol AMT, CNG Manual, and Diesel Manual. The relative ease of use and the superior cabin quality makes it an appealing car at its price. It is not such a looker from the outside but when it comes to performance it knocks it out of the park. The manual gearbox requires minimal effort and the torque is so addictive and useful, even if that cuts back on efficiency.
The engine 1.2 Litre petrol engine churns out 75HP, which makes it peppy, easy and refined. It also features a 7.0 infotainment system and is available not only for the top model but also lower down.
9. Datsun Go: The resurgence of Datsun was the go launched with a high profile launch and set to be the biggest budget hatchback in its class. The old one did not perform as per the expectations but the new-gen Datsun Go cannot be looked over when considering its performance, design, and features. Simple and attractive the new Datsun Go has sharp edgy lines and more modern design to it. The interiors look impressive and couples with a 7-inch infotainment system complete the cabin. The Datsun Go comes with a 1.2-liter petrol engine producing a maximum power of 64bhp and 104 Nm torque. With impressive fuel economy, it is a perfect car for the budget buyer looking to buy the best car under 5 lakhs.
10. Maruti Suzuki Alto K10: Alto was to succeed Zen and do what it did to the segment, define it. Alto still not Zen worthy, has performed impressively throughout the years and has dominated the budget car segment. The new Alto design is similar to the outgoing model but where it differentiates is the style and features. The car is mated with a 1.0-liter petrol and CNG engine and generates 67bhp of max power and 90 Nm of impressive torque. The car is at home in the city but can struggle a bit on the highways. Overall the performance is satisfactory that returns an impressive mileage of 24Kmpl. Additionally, it comes with ABS and Airbags, but a few features that are missing includes a touch screen. With the flexibility of the engine and an excellent after-sales service of Maruti, it is a practical choice for the budget buyer. Rent and experience Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 at a discounted price from Urban Drive.